NOTE: I have not tested z4root on FW 2.0.2.A.0.24 (the latest update). It is confirmed working on earlier versions namely 2.0.A.0.504. If you have problems please go to Settings > About phone and check what build number you are on.
METHOD 1 - VERY EASY - DO THIS ON YOUR DEVICE - NO USB CABLE NEEDED
- Go to Settings > Applications:
a. Enable Unknown sources
b. (Since you are here do the following too) Go to Development, enable USB debugging and Stay awake
- Download z4root.apk from here
- Once downloaded run / start z4root and it will perform the root process for you.
After the reboot you have root!
- Do step 1a from above first, then download z4root.apk from here
- Connect your phone via USB to your computer, transfer z4root.apk to the SDCARD
- On your phone use a file explorer to navigate to the SDCARD, find and install z4root.apk
After the reboot your have root!