I came across this method last week and tried it over the weekend. I had success with this simple method, and used the app Terminal Emulator to test – I did get root # but was unable to delete peggle.apk from the system/app folder, I got the error “Permission Denied”. I think I need to do a CHMOD command to change the permission to allow this to work. When I get a chance to retest it I will report back and update this entry.
- Download this APK and install it on your device by running it through a file manager. It would be a good idea to download this using the Browser on your device
- You might have to enable third-part-apps if you haven’t done it already
- After installation run the app and follow onscreen instructions
- I found tapping on the screen where the outputs are running reverses the ROOT (unroots) so avoid doing that, once it has finished press the HOME button
- Download Terminal Emulator from the Market (or another terminal app) and test it out!